COP26 is just days away, and as the eyes of the world turn to Glasgow, this is a critical moment for the Zero Hour campaign. We're asking you to keep the pressure up on your local MP with these essential actions:
We’ve taken essential elements from the CEE Bill so that we can lobby for Three COP Outcomes We Can’t Live Without ahead of the UN climate summit in Glasgow. Political leaders rely on pillars of power for support, and when their local businesses and community leaders are demanding change, it’s just a matter of time.
Read our Three COP Outcomes briefing here and watch the accompanying event chaired by Sir David King here — you can share these resources with those you’re asking to sign-up.
Caroline Lucas MP has helped organise this vital debate to secure backing from MPs across the political spectrum to keep 1.5°C alive. This is a crucial moment to gather support for limiting global heating to 1.5°C—and then to hold Ministers to this going forward at and beyond the Glasgow summit.
Managed to get the support of your MP, local business or councillor? Local media will be looking for angles on COP26 from your area. Snap a photo with local supporters with your Zero Hour banners, talk to your local paper and help link the action where you are with the national news agenda. Click here to view a template letter/press release for a local paper
- Click here to order Zero Hour flyers and postcards
- Raise the Three COP Outcomes at local events—don’t forget to ask new members of your community to sign-up to Zero Hour online
- Dust of your beautiful CEE Bill banners—or get creative and make something new with this short ‘how to’ video from our friends at XR Art Blockers
- Keep your eyes peeled—we’ll be sending out news of a Zero Hour campaigners’ social in Glasgow soon for us to gather and get to know each other
- COMING SOON: We may also be hosting an event in Glasgow—more on that soon!